Dragon Door Kettlebells

Order Authentic Russian Kettlebells

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 9 of the 40 day program and pistols being part of the program

2x5 Rep scheme on everything

Press- 32k, 32k
Pull-up, 20k, 20k
Pistol, 8k, 8k

Snatches 40/20 for 5 minutes with the 24k

ab wheel roll outs 2x5

Pistols and the 40 day program

I am planning on attempting the beast tamer challenge in July so I added pistols into my 40 day program. Doing pistols up to 5 days a week is very tiring. It's the only lift that I feel as if I need more days off. I have been varying the weight and going very light on my higher rep days. Here's my point, a bodyweight pistol is still pretty tough. Its not as easy as a BW pull-up, thats for sure. I am going to stick it out but it has been the thorn in my side since I started this program. I really have to keep up with my soft tissue and mobility work or I will never feel good on the lift.

I herniated my L5/S1 and L4/L5 discs about 5 years ago and they still get cranky every once in awhile. Pistols can be tough on the back sometimes and I feel as if I need to create tons of tension to keep my back safe but it leaves me exhausted. I guess this will be a great learning experience and I am hoping I will be a better coach having gone through this.


No comments:

Post a Comment